[Haskell-cafe] Looking for a paper

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Tue Apr 9 14:00:11 UTC 2019

Everyone knows that parentheses suck for function application.

But I'm looking for a CS paper that argues that function application
should have its own explicit syntax in a functional programming
language. I believe, in the paper, that a dot "." was used, but this
would be analogous to Haskell's "$" function, except that it would be
made part of the language definition.

I think it came up on this mailing list (where else would I have seen
it?), and if anyone remembers the name or author I'd be grateful.