[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] Haskell.Org Discourse Instance

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Apr 8 08:50:49 UTC 2019

Bryan Richter <b at chreekat.net> writes:

> As someone initially more comfortable with Mailman mailing lists, I
> empathize with people who have strong email workflows. Moving to Discourse
> isn't painless. (There is a "mailing list mode", which helps some, but not
> entirely.) A web UI has some downsides compared to text, for those so
> inclined.

In particular, web UIs are everything else but accessibility friendly.
Every project that moves away from mailing lists and IRC effectively
maks it pretty hard for people which rely on accessibility to
participate.

I am not expecting this to hold anyone back from moving into the shining
new era of client-less communication.  Just wanted to point out that
people like me are going to be left behind.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕