[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Yampa-0.12 and yampa-test (QuickCheck-based FRP testing)

Ivan Perez ivanperezdominguez at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 08:57:49 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I am please to announce version 0.12 of Yampa!

Yampa is a mature and robust FRP implementation that has been used to
create mobile, desktop, and web games and applications, including
commercial mobile games available on iTunes and Google Play, and open
source games that use devices like wiimotes and kinect [1-2].

This version comes with an accompanying library, yampa-test, which
includes QuickCheck-based testing with LTL-based signal predicates.
These features are described in the ICFP 2017 paper "Testing and
Debugging Functional Reactive Programming" [3]. Thanks to Christina
Zeller for reporting bugs.

Both libraries can be found here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Yampa
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/yampa-test

This version has been tested against all major GHC versions from 7.6
to 8.6. Some legacy code has been deprecated, which has triggered a
major version bump (0.12). I would expect all projects that use Yampa
to work by, at most, adapting the version constraints in the cabal
files.

New versions of Yampa will present a simpler API, better documentation
and benchmarks [4]. As always, contributions are welcome. There are a
number of issues on the github page that are particularly suitable for
beginners [5].

Happy Haskelling!

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/ivanperez-keera/Yampa#other-examples