[Haskell-cafe] Well typed OS

Andreas Reuleaux rx at a-rx.info
Fri Oct 19 21:02:12 UTC 2018

While this may not be an answer to your specific question,
you may want to have a look at MirageOS, the Operating System
written in Ocaml by Anil Madhavapeddy el.,
https://mirage.io/

We had discussed this some while ago in our seminar,
and I learned that Ocaml may be a better fit for
writing an operating system than Haskell, due to Ocaml's
ability to produce small binaries, smaller than Haskell
binaries in any case usually. - Being involved with
Haskell personally, I would like to be proven wrong,
of course (ie. I would like to see small Haskell binaries),
and I have heard of some former efforts of writing an OS in Haskell
as well (but I would have to search for links).

just my 2 cents,
  Andreas