[Haskell-cafe] Is there some way to hack the type system without recompiling GHC?

ducis ducis_cn at 126.com
Fri Nov 23 06:11:29 UTC 2018

We know that the type system is now a second language where you spec formal requirements and let the compiler solve it, kinda like logic programming.
But sometimes I knew something is correct or at least willing to take the risk of runtime errors, but the typechecker is not (yet) able to figure it out.
In this case is it possible to somehow insert (regular haskell) code into the typechecker and force the compiler to think some values are of some types,
rather than waiting for or inventing some formally correct solution, which may be fundamentally very difficult?