[Haskell-cafe] Feedback on Haskell theme redesign

Alec Theriault alec.theriault at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:29:33 UTC 2018

Hi all,

There’s been an ongoing effort to redesign Haddock’s theme to match the new purple Hackage theme. Nuno Alexandre, the original author of these changes, has [blogged][0] and [posted to reddit][1] about this before (and gotten positive feedback), but it’s only now that we are actually on the verge of merging these changes.

I’ve generated sample docs for the Haskell Hierarchical Libraries (that includes a bunch of packages including `base`, `containers`, `template-haskell`, and `parsec`). You can compare the new theme to the old one via the “style” dropdown in the top right corner:

     https://harpocrates.github.io/ghc-head-libraries

If you have time to spare, it would be very helpful to gather feedback to further optimize/tune the existing work prior to merging. The Haddock pull request on GitHub is the best place to collect that feedback: https://github.com/haskell/haddock/pull/949. Whenever relevant, please accompany issues and suggestions with screenshots!

Thanks in advance,
Alec Theriault

  [0]: https://nunoalexandre.com/2018/02/04/redesigning-haskell-docs
  [1]: https://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/7vatew/redesigning_haddock_docs_and_hackage_pages