[Haskell-cafe] ANN: primitive 0.6.4.0

Dr.Koster drkoster at qq.com
Wed May 30 20:19:23 UTC 2018

I have make some comments on reddit, but still I want to record them here:
After reading the new code, I got a feeling that there're some API lacking considerations. Here is some of my personal concerns:

The generalized MVar is basically useless because ST is meant to seal its state token, you won't want to add a forkST. You can argue that the atomic operations on MutVar is already added, but still I want to justify its usefulness.

There're too much combinators added to PrimArray, is there a plan to port these to other arrays?

If we ever provide toList operations, then I would really want it to be a good producer in base's fold-build fusion' view, it's robust and easy to implement, and folding is basically the same speed with List.fold and toList.

Anyway it seems I missed the bike shedding, but still I want to thank for all the efforts, I'll try to follow new GitHub workflow more closely.

Cheers
Winter
发自我的iPhone