[Haskell-cafe] Config Files and monoids

Douglas McClean douglas.mcclean at gmail.com
Fri May 25 02:52:42 UTC 2018

To get the static record of names you need to make good error messages for
the missing things, I think it should also be possible to write a
GHC.Generics function with an end result like:

gNames :: (GNames r) => r (Const String)

by digging through the metadata for each field in the record type r,
extracting the name, using Const . fromString, and packaging it up in the
record?
But exactly how the Generic1 machinery for this works is escaping me at
this hour. Perhaps someone can help fill in the details?

J. Douglas McClean

(781) 561-5540 (cell)