[Haskell-cafe] GHC TV station?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue May 15 17:17:50 UTC 2018

It looks like you may be trying to do this with a proportional font, which
is not going to work very well. You will have much better luck if you use a
fixed width font when you need to line up columns where some of the lines
have non-whitespace characters.

An alternative approach would be to have a line break immediately after
"do", so all of the lines that need to be indented have only preceding
whitespace. The hindent code formatter uses this style, as you can see in
any of its examples with do blocks, such as this:
https://github.com/commercialhaskell/hindent/blob/master/TESTS.md#function-declarations
-
when code is written in this style, the blocks will line up visually
whether or not the font is fixed width.