[Haskell-cafe] Dropping containers support for old GHC versions

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:12:40 UTC 2018

Because not everyone has access to the latest and greatest hardware? (Which
attitude is showing just a bit of privilege.) At CMU I got to ride herd on
a rather astonishing collection of ancient hardware; I wouldn't be looking
to install ghc8 on much of it either, since usually upgrading the OS is
no-go and I'd have to backport a lot of stuff to get it --- and, even more
so, packages using it --- to build at all.