[Haskell-cafe] ANN: hledger-1.10

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sat Jun 30 21:33:15 UTC 2018

hledger (http://hledger.org) is a friendly, robust, cross-platform
program for tracking money, time or other commodities, using
double-entry accounting, simple plain text file formats, and
command-line, curses or web UIs.

I'm very pleased to announce hledger 1.10, including work by release
contributors:

Alex Chen,
Everett Hildenbrandt,
Jakub Zárybnický,
Nolan Darilek,
Dmitry Astapov,
Jacob Weisz,
Peter Simons,
Stephen Morgan,
Pavlo Kerestey,
Trevor Riles,
Léo Gaspard,
Mykola Orliuk,
Wad,
Nana Amfo.

You'll note this is not 2.0 as previously planned - we will spend a
bit more time on that.  The next major release is expected to be on
2018/09/30.

Please see http://hledger.org/release-notes#hledger-1.10 for the changes
(as soon as I can get to those; until then, the package changelogs):

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hledger-1.10/changelog
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hledger-ui-1.10/changelog
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hledger-web-1.10/changelog
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hledger-api-1.10/changelog
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hledger-lib-1.10/changelog

How to get started:
-------------------

See http://hledger.org/download for all install methods.

One of the easiest is the hledger-install script, which requires only
bash and will build and install the hledger tools in $HOME/.local/bin/:

$ curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/simonmichael/hledger/master/hledger-install/hledger-install.sh
$ less hledger-install.sh # (do security review)
$ bash hledger-install.sh # (add -v for more detail; use bash -x to show commands being run)

or (insecure):

$ curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/simonmichael/hledger/master/hledger-install/hledger-install.sh | bash

After installation, ensure $HOME/.local/bin is in your $PATH, and try some commands:

$ hledger -h            # quick help
$ hledger help          # list built-in manuals
$ hledger add           # record some transactions
$ hledger               # list available commands

Next, I encourage you to at least skim the tutorials and docs at
http://hledger.org.

Say hello and ask questions in the #hledger IRC channel on Freenode:
http://irc.hledger.org.

New users and contributors are always welcome! Give feedback, report
bugs, send pull requests, write, evangelise, donate.

Best!
-Simon