[Haskell-cafe] how to terminate a (Posix) process and all its subprocesses?

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:51:52 UTC 2018

Hi Johannes:

I had a similar question a few years back using the async library and in
particular the 'race' function. I got a nice answer on StackOverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24446154/control-concurrent-async-race-and-runinteractiveprocess

I think you can use the ideas in there. Bottom line: You can use a
combination of 'onException' and 'terminateProcess' and let your spawned
processes clean-up after themselves properly.

Cheers,

-Levent.