[Haskell-cafe] Job: Haskell developer at GetShop.TV (interactive television platform)

Nickolay Kudasov nickolay.kudasov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 10:28:08 UTC 2018

Hello, Cafe!

We are seeking a Haskell developer to join our team and help us build an
interactive television platform at scale in Russia! Candidates of all ages,
nationalities, genders, etc. are welcome :) Full-time position in Moscow,
Russia is preferable, but remote/part-time is possible!

Please, feel free to send your CV directly to me via e-mail or via a form
at http://getshop.tv/ourteam/sr-haskell-developer/

GetShop.TV is an interactive television platform that connects viewers with
advertisers and content providers on both live TV and video-on-demand
services. Right now the company is expanding its platform, connecting more
TV channels and operators in Russia. At the same time we are working on
automation and scalability.

Our backend in 100% Haskell (Servant) and some of our internal services
rely on GHCJS (Miso).

We are seeking a senior Haskell developer to help us build a stable,
automated, typesafe service at scale. Some of the challenges and tasks
include
- dealing and optimising for an uneven, spiky, but predictable load
- integration with multiple imperfect services and platforms
- automating processes that aren't automated yet
- improving our automatic reporting system
- performing regular code reviews
- tutoring several junior developers

Some buzzwords that we use are Git Flow, GitHub, Servant (with
servant-swagger), Miso, acid-state, PostgreSQL, hasql, postgresql-query,
hspec, HUnit, QuickCheck, critetion, Circle CI, Ansible, Docker, Telegram
(via telegram-bot-simple). We expect candidates to be familiar with most of
those, as well as having an industry experience in functional programming.

We would be thrilled if a candidate were also interested in and/or capable
of
- DevOps with Ansible/Docker/Nix
- technical writing (Russian or English)

At the company we encourage learning and knowledge sharing, which include
internal tech talks. We also support open source contributions and
participations in meetups and conferences.

We'll gladly accept submissions from candidates of all ages, nationalities,
genders, etc.

Our focus will be on the candidates located in Moscow, Russia or willing to
relocate. However, remote/part time is possible for strong candidates or
after a probationary period.

Our office in located right in the center of Moscow, a walking distance
from Red Square, Arbat, Hermitage Garden, Moscow Zoo.
It's also less than a minute from Pushkinskaya, Tverskaya and Chekhovskaya
stations.
The office is equipped with a kitchen, microwave, coffee machine, offers
tea and fresh fruit.

Kind regards,
Nickolay Kudasov
CTO GetShop.TV