[Haskell-cafe] Access violation when stack haddock haskell-src-exts since LTS 12.0

Sven Panne svenpanne at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:27:26 UTC 2018

Am Mo., 23. Juli 2018 um 05:49 Uhr schrieb Yuji Yamamoto <
whosekiteneverfly at gmail.com>:

> Thank you very much!
>
> I confirmed the replaced haddock executable can successfully generate the
> docs!

Yesterday I had quite some trouble because of the Haddock problem, too, and
I guess I'm not alone: haskell-src-exts has 165 direct reverse
dependencies, so probably hundreds of Hackage packages are affected by
this. The workaround is simple (don't use --haddock with stack), but far
from satisfying and not very obvious.

Given the fact that this affects a very central piece of the Haskell
infrastructure in its latest stable incarnation (GHC 8.4.3): Can we have an
8.4.4 with a fixed Haddock?