[Haskell-cafe] Access violation when stack haddock haskell-src-exts since LTS 12.0

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Jul 19 13:35:21 UTC 2018

Given that the haddock.exe executable itself is crashing, it seems highly
unlikely to be a bug in either Stack or Cabal. I can think of three
possibilities here:

* There's a bug in Haddock itself, such as an FFI call or some embedded C
code
* There's a bug in GHC which is generating invalid code
* The GHC bindist itself has included a corrupted haddock.exe

I agree with Vanessa: trying to reproduce this with another build tool
(`cabal haddock` or `cabal new-haddock`) would be a good next step,
followed by a bug report against (most likely) GHC.