[Haskell-cafe] Investing in languages (Was: What is your favourite Haskell "aha" moment?)

Brett Gilio brettg at posteo.net
Thu Jul 12 23:45:52 UTC 2018

On 07/12/2018 06:36 PM, Tony Morris wrote:
> Hi Brett,
> I see room for other languages, with other potential paradigms, but of
> all those implementations that I know of, I have never seen anything
> with a practical result.

I agree with your thesis here, the facts are pretty clear that even in
multi-paradigm approach there is still a clearer and more elegant way to
approach the programmatic logic. My interest in F# and other more
"multi-paradigm" languages (even C++, nowadays) came to a... shall we
say, bridge point when I discovered the power of Scheme
implemementations and Haskell/Idris.

> PS: I thought I had already sent this, sorry.

You had, it was my mistake that I responded off of the list.

--
Brett Gilio
brettg at posteo.net | bmg at member.fsf.org
Free Software -- Free Society!