[Haskell-cafe] What is your favourite Haskell "aha" moment?

Tony Morris tonymorris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:40:51 UTC 2018

On python, we are fixing it (WIP):
https://github.com/qfpl/hpython

Did you see the recent "default mutable arguments" post?
https://lethain.com/digg-v4/

Here is a Haskell program that transforms any python program that uses
default mutable arguments:
https://github.com/qfpl/hpython/blob/master/example/FixMutableDefaultArguments.hs

Someone once said that python will never have tail call optimisation.
Here is the Haskell program that transforms any Python (direct only)
tail call into a loop:
https://github.com/qfpl/hpython/blob/master/example/OptimizeTailRecursion.hs

Two python programmers once argued over preferred indentation levels.
Let's put their disagreement into a Haskell function so that they can
stop arguing:
https://github.com/qfpl/hpython/blob/master/example/Indentation.hs