[Haskell-cafe] GHC option for performance related output files folder?

PY aquagnu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 08:44:07 UTC 2018

Hello, All.

I made instrumental build which generates profiling information. Cabal's
options are:

ghc-options:     -Wall
                    -O2
                    -threaded
                    -prof
                    -fprof-auto
                    -rtsopts
                    -fprof-cafs
                    "-with-rtsopts=-N -s -h -i0.1 -p -M1G
-SMyApplication-S.log"

so running application generates files: /MyApplication-S.log,
MyApplication.hp, MyApplication.prof/

but in current working directory - which is the problem (also I need to
run it on Windows and Linux). Is it possible to specify directory of
those output files with some option? Without this I get "Can't open ...
file..." due to permission error - Haskell Runtime tries to save all of
them in current folder (on Linux and on Windows standard folders for
binaries is not allowed for writing, sure).

===

Best regards, Paul