[Haskell-cafe] ANN: shelltestrunner 1.9 - Easy, repeatable testing of CLI programs/commands
simon at joyful.com
Sun Jan 14 18:33:40 UTC 2018
I'm pleased to announce a new release of shelltestrunner!
shelltestrunner (executable: shelltest) is a portable
command-line tool for testing command-line programs, or general shell
commands, released under GPLv3+. It reads simple test specifications
defining a command to run, some input, and the expected output,
stderr, and exit status. It can run tests in parallel, selectively,
with a timeout, in color, etc.
Projects using it include hledger, Agda, and berp.
The last release was 1.3.5, in 2015. The new version is 1.9, which
has substantial improvements and is recommended for all users.
More real-world testing and contributions will help us deliver 2.0.
New in 1.9 (2018/1/14):
* two new test file formats, allowing input re-use and lighter syntax
* new -l/--list flag lists the tests found
* new -D/--defmacro option allows text substitution (Taavi Valjaots)
* new --xmlout option saves test results as xml (Taavi Valjaots)
* tests with Windows line endings now also work on unix (Taavi Valjaots)
* shelltestrunner's tests should now pass on Windows (Taavi Valjaots)
* flags formerly passed through to test-framework are now built in
* >>>= with nothing after it now matches any exit status
* failure messages now show the test command (John Chee)
* include shelltestrunner's tests in cabal sdist archive (Iustin Pop)
* build with latest deps and stackage resolvers
* shelltestrunner's code and home page have moved to github
Thanks to release contributors Taavi Valjaots, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez,
Iustin Pop and John Chee.
$ stack install shelltestrunner-1.9
$ cabal update && cabal install shelltestrunner-1.9
Home, docs: https://github.com/simonmichael/shelltestrunner <https://github.com/simonmichael/shelltestrunner>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe