[Haskell-cafe] Non-deterministic function/expression types in Haskell?

Benjamin Redelings benjamin.redelings at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 19:41:03 UTC 2018

Hi Oleg,

I like monads, really I do.  I am just not asking a question about how I
can (or should) use monads.

I guess we can split my question into two branches:
(a) why are monads a perfect solution to my problem?
(b) can we extend the HM type system to support non-determinism directly?

What I am actually interested in is (b), so I don't want to get
sidetracked with (a) if it means ignoring (b).  I will think if I can
respond to (a) without completely getting side-tracked and ignoring
(b).  Does that make sense?

take care,

-BenRI

P.S. Thanks for the links!