[Haskell-cafe] Getting some funny brackets in Haddock docs

Matt Renaud matt at m-renaud.com
Wed Jan 10 15:54:51 UTC 2018

Thanks for the input Steven! We did what you mentioned (adding a tip about
Overloaded lists near the top) in the containers introduction and
walkthrough at https://haskell-containers.readthedocs.io/en/latest/set.
html#short-example. It sounds like we should do the same thing in the
Haddocks.

I'm also in agreeance that the examples should be copy-pasteable into
Haskell source files or the repl. I think what Michael suggested (moving
the set/map/sequence construction to a line above and assigning it to a
variable) is a good compromise; there's no special syntax added and the
actual use of the function becomes less "noisy".