[Haskell-cafe] Getting some funny brackets in Haddock docs

Matt parsonsmatt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 04:20:02 UTC 2018

An extremely common complaint about Haskell coming from other languages is
the proliferation of un-Googleable operators and symbols. I would be
unhappy to see these changes made, especially as the fancy brackets aren't
valid code (and thus can't be Hoogled or copy/pasted). I suspect that every
non-maintainer of the containers documentation would need to look these
symbols up every time they consulted the documentation, as the
documentation would likely be the only place they're used.

The `fromList` calls are perhaps a little noisy -- having literal syntax
like Python's for maps and sets would be nice, but that's probably not
going to fly given that `containers` isn't part of `base` or the Report.

Matt Parsons