[Haskell-cafe] (SPAM 3)Re: handling NULL value in database query with Maybe (or other ...)

Damien Mattei mattei at oca.eu
Tue Dec 18 15:34:15 UTC 2018

ok well i do not want to open a discussion here, but i do not see any
benefit in Haskell using Nothing and Just compared to other language,
it's the same than if i had written in C something like :
if (x == NULL)
   printf("NULL\n");
else
   printf("%s",*x);

i expected more from Haskell...

ok reading twice the article in link, i admit there should be some
adavantage using Nothing instead of null, such as type, and genericity
and not being spcecific to alloated memory as in C ...

Damien.Mattei at unice.fr, Damien.Mattei at oca.eu, UNS / OCA / CNRS