[Haskell-cafe] Call for Haskell.org Committee Nominations

George Wilson george at wils.online
Thu Dec 13 03:35:15 UTC 2018

Dear Haskellers,

It is time to put out a call for new nominations (typically but not
necessarily self-nominations) to the haskell.org committee. We have
one member of our committee due for retirement -- our chair
Gershom Bazerman.

To nominate yourself, please send an email to committee at haskell.org
by the 7th of January, 2019. Retiring members are eligible to re-nominate
themselves. Please feel free to include any information about yourself
that you think will help us to make a decision.

The Haskell.org committee serves as a board of directors for
Haskell.org, a 501(c)3 nonprofit which oversees technical and
financial resources related to Haskell community infrastructure.

Being a member of the committee does not necessarily require a
significant amount of time, but committee members should aim to be
responsive during discussions when the committee is called upon to
make a decision. Strong leadership, communication, and judgement are
very important characteristics for committee members. The role is
about setting policy, providing direction/guidance for Haskell.org
infrastructure, planning for the long term, and being fiscally
responsible with the Haskell.org funds (and donations). As overseers
for policy regarding the open source side of Haskell, committee
members must also be able to set aside personal or business related
bias and make decisions with the good of the open source Haskell
community in mind.

We seek a broad representation from different segments of the Haskell
world -- including but not limited to those focused on education,
those focused on industrial applications, those with background in
organizing users-groups, and those focused directly on our technical
infrastructure.

More details about the committee's roles and responsibilities are on

    https://wiki.haskell.org/Haskell.org_committee

If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to
e-mail us at committee at haskell.org, or contact one of us
individually.

Regards,
George Wilson