[Haskell-cafe] Stack data structure

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Sat Dec 8 11:02:50 UTC 2018

Hello Daniel,

On Sat, Dec 08, 2018 at 01:38:52AM +0100, daniel huebleitner wrote:
> I am a graduate student in theoretical computer science playing around with
> haskell for the past year or so. I wrote a Stack Data structure today and
> would like to get some feedback from more experienced haskellers if
> possible.

The (small) tings I noticed:

- For haddock purposes, comments should start with |, but only the first
  line. I.e.:

      -- | returns the empty stack
      -- O(1)

- `data Stack a` could well become `newtype Stack a` since there is
  only one constructor/field in it.

- hlint picks up a redundant pair of brackets on line 51.

I personally don't mind attached code but maybe the `text/x-haskell`
directive isn't handled gracefully by all clients.

I played around with it on ghci and everything seemed fine!