[Haskell-cafe] Does GADTs imply ExistentialQuantification?

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 01:55:38 UTC 2018

I'm not sure. Once you have GADTs, ExistentialQuantification is just
syntax. So from one angle, maybe it doesn't matter too much. On the other
hand, that syntax, whole traditional, is not the clearest in the world. One
could easily imagine a Haskell implementation that chooses only to support
GADT syntax for existentials. So maybe it is a bug.