[Haskell-cafe] Fixity of ($) and (.) vs. (&) and (>>>)

Artem Pelenitsyn a.pelenitsyn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 08:59:59 UTC 2018

Hello Frederik!

Indeed, this sounds like a flaw. I don't think it can be easily fixed
though. E.g. I tried to recompile GHC with dumped fixity of >>>, as you
suggested. It failed short on the Arrow.hs file, complaining about the
definition of (|||) inside ArrowChoice:

f ||| g = f +++ g >>> arr
untag

Likewise, many things will be broken by this change in many other places, I
guess.

Nevertheless, you could try to raise this question on the libraries mailing
list which is best suited for concerns like this, I believe:

Best, Artem