[Haskell-cafe] stack and GHCJS

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 20:48:41 UTC 2018

Here's the GHC docs on "packages":
https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/8.4.1/docs/html/users_guide/packages.html
tl;dr a package is a bundle of modules. Packages are installed into a ghc
package database. (Stack manages ghc package databases for you.)

"dependencies" generally refers to any other packages required to build a
given project or package.

For more info on "packages" and "projects" (with regards to stack), see
https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/stack_yaml_vs_cabal_package_file/#package-versus-project

A "Stackage snapshot" is a collection of packages, where each package is
pinned to a specific version of that package.
https://docs.haskellstack.org/en/stable/stack_yaml_vs_cabal_package_file/#resolvers-and-snapshots

https://docs.haskellstack.org is generally the place to go for info like
this. And of course, if you have any questions, you're welcome to ask them
here, or on the haskell-stack mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/haskell-stack

-- Dan Burton