[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.2.2 release candidate 3
ben at well-typed.com
Tue Oct 31 18:15:24 UTC 2017
The GHC team is very pleased to announce the third candidate of the
8.2.2 release of the Glasgow Haskell Compiler. Source and binary
distributions are available at
This is the third and last of three release candidates leading up the
final 8.2.2 release. This release fixes approximately fifty bugs present
in 8.2.1. These most notably include,
* A correctness issue resulting in segmentation faults in some
FFI-users (#13707, #14346)
* A correctness issue resulting in undefined behavior in some programs
using STM (#14171)
* A bug which may have manifested in segmentation faults in
out-of-memory condition (#14329)
* clearBit of Natural no longer bottoms (#13203)
* A specialisation bug resulting in exponential blowup of compilation
time in some specialisation-intensive programs (#14379)
* ghc-pkg now works even in environments with misconfigured NFS mounts
* GHC again supports production of position-independent executables
* Better error messages around kind mismatches (#11198, #12373, #13530,
See  for the full list.
Release candidate three contains only two patches not present in -rc2
but fixes a packaging issue which lead to unintentional downgrading the
process and Cabal libraries.
As always, please report any issues you encounter.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Haskell-Cafe