[Haskell-cafe] NYC Haskell Developer Position

Christopher Lewis c at functionx.org
Wed Oct 18 15:59:58 UTC 2017

Karamaan Group, is an investment firm based in Manhattan. We are looking for
an outstanding software developer to develop tools for financial analysis
and
knowledge management. Since we are investors and not traders, our focus is
not
on building trading systems, but on business and data analysis. We strongly
value people who take pride in their work and have a craftsman’s dedication
building bespoke products. Our ideal candidate is an experienced software
developer with a penchant for abstraction and analysis, a solid sense of
organization, and an ability to communicate and persuade. While we are
looking
for a candidate who demonstrates an intense focus on quality, she also
needs a
master engineer’s intuition on how to make trade offs that are a necessary
part of day-to-day software development.

Candidates should have some formal training in a quantitative field and a
keen
interest in building robust and elegant software. This is a high-impact,
high-visibility position where successful candidates will be entrusted with
lot of responsibility for products that have a direct effect on the P&L of
the
firm and influence on our workflow.

The ideal candidate will have production experience with Haskell or another
functional language, relational databases and relational data modeling,
Python, and Java. Additionally, as this is a startup environment, the ideal
candidate will be comfortable filling many different technology roles, and
contributing to the success of the firm wherever they can, not just in
agreement with their job description. Remote work is not an option for this
position.

Karamaan Group is an investment adviser and manager catering to family
offices
and institutional investors. We value innovative thinking, encourage an
entrepreneurial atmosphere, and enjoy spirited discussions.

Please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment at karamaan dot com.
Please do not reply to the original poster.