[Haskell-cafe] Speculation, OT: Program a Spreadsheet

Olaf Klinke olf at aatal-apotheke.de
Thu Nov 23 18:26:14 UTC 2017

Yesterday I read in a slashdot thread [1] about Javelin [2], which was available shorty after I was born and before Excel existed. Telling from the wikipedia article, it did what I dreamed up in my previous post: instead of sheets, each logical piece of data occupied its own "variable". (Trent's virtual worksheet might be the equivalent here?) It also make the connections between data browsable.

Is there anyone on this list who used Javelin back then? Care to share your experience?

Olaf

[1] https://news.slashdot.org/story/17/11/22/1525254/stop-using-excel-finance-chiefs-tell-staffs
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javelin_Software