[Haskell-cafe] Amazonka: How to generate S3:// uri from Network.AWS.S3.Types.Object?

Mark Fine mark.fine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 03:43:36 UTC 2017

The *getFile* example downloads and object from S3 and "sinks" its contents
to a file. To integrate with an existing program that's using S3 URIs, you
can build it with the bucket and key:

s3Uri :: BucketName -> ObjectKey -> Text
s3Uri (BucketName bn) (ObjectKey ok) = "s3://" <> bn <> "/" <> ok

There are also presigned S3 URLs (also in the examples file), but those are
for HTTP requests, not aws cli requests.

Using turtle with with aws cli is great - nice light way to get AWS
functionality without going pulling in amazonka.

Mark