[Haskell-cafe] Fast JSON validation - reducing allocations

David Turner dct25-561bs at mythic-beasts.com
Fri May 12 14:27:32 UTC 2017

On 12 May 2017 at 14:44, Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:

> For this reason, if your program is truly embarassingly parallel, it is
> usually preferrable performance-wise to run multiple processes
> concurrently than use pure parallelism (a sad truth in a harsh reality,
> in my opinion).

Hmm, an interesting idea. It's not _all_ embarassingly parallel, but the
bottleneck is. You're right, we could have separate front-end processes
just doing the validation (indeed they could even be distributed across the
network). I don't think we'll do that just yet, particularly not when 8.2's
results are so promising, but it sounds a useful idea to keep in the
toolbox.

Thanks again,

David