[Haskell-cafe] Proposal for an extension: in-module namespaces

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 13:43:54 UTC 2017

28-03-2017, Аўт а 09:22 -0400, Edward Z. Yang напісаў:
> Excerpts from Yuras Shumovich's message of 2017-03-28 12:23:36 +0300:
> > Also, I think backpack has some limited support for multiple
> > modules in one
> > file. At least I saw something similar in backpack examples in
> > Edward
> > Yang's blog.
>
> You can put multiple modules in a bkp file, but that is mostly a tool
> for compiler tests, and not intended to be used for "real" software.

Thank you for clarification. Yeah, I think I saw it on GHC Trac too. It
is very neat! But what prevents it from being useful for real software?
 I often use anansi ( http://hackage.haskell.org/package/anansi ) when
prototyping new projects, so that I can write multiple modules in one
file. (One .anansi file generates a number of .hs files.) But it is an
ugly workaround at best.

Yuras.