[Haskell-cafe] Lazy vs Strict ByteStrings

Dimitri DeFigueiredo defigueiredo at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 15 05:12:13 UTC 2017

I just noticed that I avoid using ByteStrings because I tend to spend a
huge amount of time reading GHC output and trying to figure out if I
am/should be using the strict or the lazy version. I have to use both
lazy/strict because different libraries use different versions. Maybe
having different names would have helped.

Am I doing something wrong or is the interface to ByteStrings a poor design?

Cheers,

Dimitri

--
2E45 D376 A744 C671 5100 A261 210B 8461 0FB0 CA1F