[Haskell-cafe] regex and Regular Expressions Libraries

Adam Bergmark adam at bergmark.nl
Fri Mar 10 19:31:55 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

The combination of parser combinators and the old regex libraries have
meant  I've avoided regexes as much as possible.

regex looks very promising so I'm sure to try it out next time i need
something similar!

Will you add regex to stackage? Having to muck around with extra-deps gets
tiring. I would also like to see Text support, but having to pack/unpack
wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

Have you considered doing anything fancy to make capture groups safer to
use? If i could get a compile error when i'm using the wrong number/wrongly
named groups I'd be very excited.

Cheers,
Adam