[Haskell-cafe] Package Management with Stack?

Adam Bergmark adam at bergmark.nl
Fri Mar 10 19:11:26 UTC 2017

I use the global stack environment to install most executables, it works
best when the package is in a snapshot of course. There is no need to
change the global config, try this: stack install xmonad-contrib
X11-xft-0.3.1 --resolver lts-8.4

 You can also look for a stack.yaml in the repo of the executable and use
that resolver + any extra deps on the command line, that'll most likely
work even if the package isn't in a snapshot.

HTH,
Adam