[Haskell-cafe] regex and Regular Expressions Libraries

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 05:12:48 UTC 2017

That's always been my canonical example about how you can overuse
typeclasses to make a simple job into an impenetrable documentation
hunt.  Long ago I wrapped it in a simple API and have always used
that.  Much later, pcre-heavy showed up and I just switched my wrapper
to use that, since it was still a little too typeclass happy for my
taste.