[Haskell-cafe] Parsing a bunch of strings without backtracking

Jaro noughtmare at openmailbox.org
Thu Mar 9 09:13:35 UTC 2017

After thinking about it more (I still don't completely understand uu-parsinglib myself). I think achieves non-backtracking by running the parsers in parallel and then returning the first one that succeeds. So I guess it doesn't really optimize away prefixes. The 'best' function is the function that merges two "sequences" of the intermediate type 'Steps a' and that causes the parsers to be run in parallel. The source is here: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/uu-parsinglib-2.9.1.1/docs/src/Text-ParserCombinators-UU-Core.html#best.