[Haskell-cafe] Inlinable (>>>)

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 03:00:27 UTC 2017

The original post was about INLINEABLE not INLINE – let’s keep these
two apart

I understand the difference between INLINE and INLINEABLE. However from a
practical standpoint aren't the two highly correlated? I wouldn't need to
bother with INLINE if GHC considered every function as INLINEABLE and had a
good set of inlining heuristics. Also, as a newbie, I would prefer
depending on the compiler's heuristics, rather than forcing it to inline
functions (the impact of which I may not fully understand)

-- Saurabh.