[Haskell-cafe] Declaring Functors for Type constrained data types

Guru Devanla gurudev.devanla at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:11:30 UTC 2017

Just to make sure I understand. In my initial example, the following are
all types and I wanted the dispatch to happen on this types once they are
instances of the Taskable type class.

-- task 1
data UpdateAcctsTask = UpdateAccts

-- task 2
data EmailConfig = EmaiConfig {someattrs::String}
data SendEmailTask = SendEmailsTask EmailConfig

-- task 3
data GeneralWriterTask a = GeneralWriterTask a

Now, later on I expect users to create more types which are all say,
instances of Taskable typeclass.  So, here I do not expect to have any
dispatch based on value, but based on types.