[Haskell-cafe] Nice clean code example?

Chris Wong lambda.fairy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 22:02:20 UTC 2017

How about Hackagebot?

https://github.com/lfairy/hircine/blob/master/brigitte/Hackagebot.hs
https://github.com/lfairy/hircine/blob/master/brigitte/Utils.hs

It involves a lot of concurrency, networking, and data structure
manipulation -- all areas Haskell excels in.

It avoids using advanced features as well (except maybe pattern synonyms,
but those aren't visible in the code that uses them)

Here are some numbers: its sibling Cargobot boasts 3+ months continuous
uptime, with memory usage never going beyond 12 MB. It has never crashed. I
expect Hackagebot to have similar metrics.