[Haskell-cafe] External scripts for use in testing

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 03:59:38 UTC 2017

I'm trying to write a test suite for a package, but to properly ensure
it's working I need to have some sample script/program for it to
interact with.

What would be the best way to ship this script/program? I was
considering using extra-source-files but the Paths_* support from
Cabal doesn't seem to list those.  So should I ship them as a data
file (which could have an issue if they aren't marked executable and
installed globally)? Or blindly trust that the test suite is being run
from within the source directory and try to guess/determine it's
location from that?

Furthermore, what about if it's an actual (small) program that
requires compilation? Or am I completely out of luck at this point?

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com