[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] GHC 8.2.1 available

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:19:10 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reply.  I got cabal-install from
https://github.com/haskell/cabal/ and assumed it was the latest
version... but now that I look carefully I see it has a 2.0 branch.  I
compiled it and I don't get that confusing "parse error" any more.  It
looks like a nicer error message in general too (except still missing
some spaces, specifically "After searching the rest of the dependency
tree exhaustively, these were the goals I've had most trouble
fulfilling: karya, ekgTrying configure anyway."), so that's probably
thanks to the solver improvements in 2.0.

Since it's apparently just a bug in older cabal-installs I guess I
won't bother trying to find it.