[Haskell-cafe] any cloud computing services for running Haskell?

David Turner dct25-561bs at mythic-beasts.com
Mon Jul 17 05:57:29 UTC 2017

On 17 Jul 2017 06:49, "Dennis Raddle" <dennis.raddle at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks. I guess I don't know much about cloud services. Will they run a lot
of threads in parallel? Or do they run my program on only one CPU and/or
use only the number of cores in one processor? That's the point of using
them, to run more threads in parallel than I have cores on my MacBook.

Depending on your budget, on AWS you can rent a machine from the miniscule
t2.nano all the way up to the 128-core x1.32xlarge, with various tradeoffs
on memory vs CPU vs storage vs ... in between. All can run Haskell
programs. There's also various options in Haskell for distributing your
computation across multiple machines, if that sounds useful.

A good place to start is the pricing page which gives you a good overview
of the options.

https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/

Other cloud providers are available, of course.