[Haskell-cafe] parallelism and state

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 01:11:57 UTC 2017

I'm trying to parallelize a Monte Carlo backtracking search algorithm. The
trick is that my algorithm is expressed in a State monad, because I need to
hold a StdGen as well as keep several records of computations and metrics.

So I know that if I'm going to run a State computation in several parallel
lines of execution, I need to conceive of a way to split the state and
later recombine it.

Here is a simple example I came up with. I have no idea if I'm doing this
in a good way, so any comments are welcome.

http://lpaste.net/356879