[Haskell-cafe] problems with "stack ghc"

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 20:29:34 UTC 2017

I'm using Haskell stack in the normal way (i.e. "stack build", "stack
exec") for most of my application. However, I also need to build files that
aren't in the stack source tree.

My stack source tree is at ~/stack/cac/src/

Let's say I want to build the program /Users/Dennis/test.hs.

So far I have been using

   stack ghc --stack-yaml ~/stack/cac/stack.yaml -- --make
/Users/Dennis/test.hs

I am confused. I thought this was working until today. I made some
modifications in various places, including to my cac.cabal (but NOT my
stack.yaml) and I'm having a problem. The libraries that test.hs imports
are not getting rebuilt when they change.

Are they *supposed* to be rebuilt? Any ideas how to debug this?