[Haskell-cafe] Master programme with Haskell prospects

Olaf Klinke olf at aatal-apotheke.de
Sun Jul 2 20:02:09 UTC 2017

Please follow Abhiroop's advice. The English midlands is a great region for functional minds. There is not only Nottingham: There is Leeds, Birmingham, Leicester and Swansea nearby, all of which have CS departments with very experienced scientists in that area. The midlands have the midlands graduate school [1]!
I did my degree at the University of Birmingham, whose CS department is, as I dare say, run by a bunch of mathematicians. You can find any level of abstractness there, ranging from compiling ML to hardware up to topos theory. It was there I decided to learn Haskell. Recently they had a graduate whose entire dissertation [2] has an Agda version [3] so you can not only read it, but also execute.

Olaf

[1] http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/MGS/
[2] http://etheses.bham.ac.uk/5967/
[3] http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mhe/continuity-false/