[Haskell-cafe] Early feedback on a GHC proposal

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Jan 25 17:44:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 24.01.2017, 00:07 -0800 schrieb Chris Smith:
> Anyone want to offer some early feedback on a GHC proposal I'm
> working on?  It's called OverloadedApplication.  Current version at h
> ttps://github.com/cdsmith/ghc-
> proposals/blob/overloadedapplication/proposals/0000-overloaded-
> application.rst
>
> I am proposing something a bit more ambitious than what I need,
> because the proposal as written seems more likely to be broadly
> useful.  The bit that I actually need is about desugaring of infix
> operators in the presence of RebindableSyntax.  I'd love to get early
> thoughts from anyone who has a solid use case for the rest of the
> proposal.  It feels like a thing that *ought* to be useful, but I'm
> drawing blanks at the moment.

bold!

For your use-case (presenting a world view where only curried functions
are allowed), the proposal
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/23
might be useful (but in its current form it has now way of influencing
another module, which you’d probably need to remove boiler-plate code
from the student’s modules).

Greetings,
Joachim

--