[Haskell-cafe] Bug-free, leak-free, battle-tested library for broadcast channels?

David Turner dct25-561bs at mythic-beasts.com
Wed Jan 25 08:47:35 UTC 2017

On an unrelated note, are you sure about using `getCurrentTime` to measure
the start and end times of your process? If you want to report on the
duration of the process, it can be better to use the monotonic clock from
here:

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/clock-0.7.2/docs/System-Clock.html

The trouble with the real-time clock is that it can change discontinuously,
even backwards, and it is hard to account for things like leap seconds with
it, so durations calculated by subtracting two UTCTimes are a little
unreliable.

OTOH you might well want to know the real start and end times of your
process instead/as well - it depends on your application.

Hope that helps,

David